Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever used this product to match paint up to original stock fairing colors?? Is it true to color??

anyone have any experience with this??

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Search for color rite using the search function. There's a lot of info on it. I've never used it myself so I won't say if it's good or not.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
kodi4u2c said:
Anyone ever used this product to match paint up to original stock fairing colors?? Is it true to color??

anyone have any experience with this??
Yup, used it on my 05 6R. Just be sure to follow the directions (for color and clear coat).

D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i've heard good and bad about them, but was just curious if anyone had any really bad color match issues after following directions, etc......

think i'm gonna try it and see what happens.......

things go bad, i'll have the best looking primer'd bike in the midwest!!! lol

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
yeah I bought their stuff, used it on my green zx-10r 06 and it DID match, but! I was cheap to buy thier clear coat for like $15 or what ever it was and bought some aftermarket clear coat for cars from autozone for like 5bux! (and so far spent over $5,000 in accesories, IRONIC!), didn't come out and nice and like the original clear coat. idiot I am. Anyways, get their primer, the color you want AND the clear coat ALL from them, since certain clear coats don't blend well with other Manufacture paints. and sand it down like with 600. You can call them up too at 1-800-736-7980 and ask for the right color, just tell them the year and make and model# of your bike and they will tell you what you need.

-Sean

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Static IP said:
yeah I bought their stuff, used it on my green zx-10r 06 and it DID match, but! I was cheap to buy thier clear coat for like $15 or what ever it was and bought some aftermarket clear coat for cars from autozone for like 5bux! (and so far spent over $5,000 in accesories, IRONIC!), didn't come out and nice and like the original clear coat. idiot I am. Anyways, get their primer, the color you want AND the clear coat ALL from them, since certain clear coats don't blend well with other Manufacture paints. and sand it down like with 600. You can call them up too at 1-800-736-7980 and ask for the right color, just tell them the year and make and model# of your bike and they will tell you what you need.

-Sean
10-4 on that, check this thread
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21835&highlight=titanium+paint+oin+race+plastics

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i used them for redoing part of my front bumper on the acura, came out exact except i f'd up when i went to wet sand it and used the wrong paper, 600grit and not 2k, didn't look. anyways, gonna redo it again and plan on using colorite.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I've used color-rite 3 times w/ no problems. Lime green, 2-stage. You get it through a place called flandersco.com. Dealers really don't stock it because of shelf life.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
greg 0410r/6rr said:
I've used color-rite 3 times w/ no problems. Lime green, 2-stage. You get it through a place called flandersco.com. Dealers really don't stock it because of shelf life.
Dude, your avatar is freaking me out! :eyecrazy: :wink:

D

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
have had good results with the Colorite and great price compared to what you're going to pay as a 'walk-in' customer at your local automotive paint supply house. Uri @ colorite knows his stuff and is a pleasure to deal with hit him up :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
treyzx10r said:
have had good results with the Colorite and great price compared to what you're going to pay as a 'walk-in' customer at your local automotive paint supply house. Uri @ colorite knows his stuff and is a pleasure to deal with hit him up :thumbsup:
:+1: ...he is always willing to help. He has helped me and loves to help members out on this site not only because he is Sponsor here but a good Motorcycle Member....last month when I made a mistake on the Colorite site for payment method he sent me an email quick and deleted the original transaction for me so I could make it right. He really looks out for members here from support all the way to sale and delivery to your house.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
572 Posts
bluedevil said:
:+1: ...he is always willing to help. He has helped me and loves to help members out on this site not only because he is Sponsor here but a good Motorcycle Member....last month when I made a mistake on the Colorite site for payment method he sent me an email quick and deleted the original transaction for me so I could make it right. He really looks out for members here from support all the way to sale and delivery to your house.:thumbsup:

:+1: He always seems willing to help.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts