Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the color code for the 2010 zx10 Metallic Spark Black edition. Need to get tank redone

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,806 Posts
Guys is my Black 2004 code 660 also ?
Look it up. ColorRite is the only place you can buy OEM paint. Their "code" is specific to their product and can't be cross referenced to anything else. It's not a paint code, it's a product number for their stuff. Go to their website and look up what color black is for that year, make, and model. It's likely the same depending on what part you're trying to match and paint.

·
Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
22 Posts
Look it up. ColorRite is the only place you can buy OEM paint. Their "code" is specific to their product and can't be cross referenced to anything else. It's not a paint code, it's a product number for their stuff. Go to their website and look up what color black is for that year, make, and model. It's likely the same depending on what part you're trying to match and paint.
Thanks for that SkyDork, yea sorry I missread the posts... I'm in Scotland, so buying from them is out at present.

I'm sending panels down to a mate in England so kind of need a reference to provide him with.. so Kawasaki don'y give out their paint codes, thats just crazy... theres a really good supplier in the UK RS Bike Paints who have Spark Black..

Not sure what to do now..

S

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,806 Posts
Thanks for that SkyDork, yea sorry I missread the posts... I'm in Scotland, so buying from them is out at present.

I'm sending panels down to a mate in England so kind of need a reference to provide him with.. so Kawasaki don'y give out their paint codes, thats just crazy... theres a really good supplier in the UK RS Bike Paints who have Spark Black..

Not sure what to do now..

S

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Yeah, they supply the paint codes to the paint supplier to make sure that it isn't duplicated. It's a proprietary, non-standard color for a lot of the manufacturers. I think ColorRite sells the paint overseas. Your mate shouldn't have too many issues getting that actual paint to spray them with. It just might take longer to wait for it to arrive. Other than that, we should be able to match it closely if he's got the tools and equipment. It's the metallic fleck in the paint that will be the problem.

·
Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
22 Posts
Sorted it.. called RS there, they are working from home, girl didn't even have to look up her PC.. knew their equivalent off the top of her head, in stock and can mail today, get it tomorrow... unreal service..

Cheers for your input man..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts