1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
571 Posts
Always a cool guy. Wish he would of made it as a multi-GP champion. Local guy. Actually bought a brand new 90 ZX-7 (back in 90) that had been crashed with a cracked frame for $1000. Seller already purchased frame and new forks. Needed all of the plastics,tank, gauges, just about everything else minus motor and wheels.

Around the same time Colin crashed his ZX-7 in race trim at some track. Bike ended up hitting a tree I think. I was able to get everything that Colin took off for $500. Everything I needed was there and 100% new. Brand new ZX-7 (300 miles on it) for $1500. Smoking deal.

P.S. He was the first person that I ever met that was named Colin as well. :eek:ccasion1 Cool dude.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Very cool guy and a great champion. Met him right after winning the WSBK title just an all around good guy very down to earth and easy to talk to.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Another Great personality to Leave GP..

Say he wants to spend more time with his wife and kids so its understandable.. Racing that long and being on the road all the time has to take its toll.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
He's one of the few guys who will hang out and sign autographs at Indy MotoGP and is just chill and jokes with the fans - Rossi doesnt do this but will hang out and stand around 50ft away. If i had a smokin wife like Colin's id wanna spend more time with her too!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Local folks and those with the means should absolutely pony up for the Texas Tornado Boot Camp. It's all that and a bag of chips!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts