Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do any of you wear a balaclava or neck scarf during the winter months to keep the cold off your neck/face when riding? If so, who makes it and does it work well?
Im new to the Northern climate and just want to try and stay warm during the colder months.:beer:

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
I just invested in some Under Amour "cold gear" i used it twice already and it worx good! It kept me warm when the temp. dipped into the low 50's at nite time! The shirt goes half way up ur neck and it doesn't let any air go down ur back! Some good stuff!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
ZiG 9th said:
I just invested in some Under Amour "cold gear" i used it twice already and it worx good! It kept me warm when the temp. dipped into the low 50's at nite time! The shirt goes half way up ur neck and it doesn't let any air go down ur back! Some good stuff!
Linkey linkey?

I usually just wear another long sleeve shirt under the leather jacket, but this sounds good....

D

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
05Zixxer said:
My commute is 2 miles from door to door so I just tough it out.
youre in TX too...:lol:

only about 3 days outta the year you gotta "tough it" :hick:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I just posted this same question about a week ago.
The turtle fur looks good but I want something that goes over the head too.

·
Registered
299 Posts
if you use something that has thickness that goes over your head, it will effect the compressible material inside your helmet. In other words, when it warms up and you dont use it anymore, your helmets fit to your head will be loose.

youve been warned. :)

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I bought one of those schampas last year, says it was rated to -20 degrees. I dont know if they sent me the wrong one or what but you cant wear it in 50 degree weather.

The one on the rukka website looks like what I am looking for but its high $$$.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Turtle fur is the stuff, I checked out a northface balakalva last week that looked awesome but was big$$$. I have a northface fleece neck thing that works good with a thin balaclava I got from cabela's. Snowboard pants work great in coldweather also. I also have a big snowboard parka that will fit over my leather jacket for extreme cold weather riding.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts