Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a coffee maker preferably under $100. My mr coffee programmable is on the blitz. I had it a year and paid $50 for it, I pulled out my reserve, a gevalia that I got free from trying there coffee. It was a nice programmable stainless steel one that lasted about 3 weeks. I got a little water in the front part of it and it went to smoking so I had to trash it.
Now I am on the hunt for another and am using a $10 walmart special. Anyone have a recommendation on a durable one under $100?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Starbucks has a nice one with stainless carafe that keeps your brew warm without burning. 10-cup programmable. But, I think it's about $120. If I was looking, that would be my pick.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Get one that brews into a carafe, not the type with a warming burner (unless the coffee will be finished off within 45 minutes). Also, make sure that the water is sprayed out over the basket, not dripped into the center of the grounds only. I'm buying this one tomorrow:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=236332-803-DC55TCB&lpage=none
I get a Lowe's Family Discount but I would buy that model anyway.
And if you really like coffee, you need a burr grinder and fresh beans.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got water in it. I had a fillter that busted and dumped all the grounds into the maker. When I was washing it out I got water in the front panel and I guess shorted it out.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mr. Coffee HMMM... It wasn't worth what you paid for it.

You need to get one that uses a #4 cone filter. All of those flat bottom filter coffee makers are shite. The problem is that the water doesn't soak in the grounds long enough to get a rich brew.

Delonghi makes one that i have been using for about 4 years and works fine. Got it at Sams for Under $50.

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
12RPilot said:
Get one that brews into a carafe, not the type with a warming burner (unless the coffee will be finished off within 45 minutes). Also, make sure that the water is sprayed out over the basket, not dripped into the center of the grounds only. I'm buying this one tomorrow:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=236332-803-DC55TCB&lpage=none
I get a Lowe's Family Discount but I would buy that model anyway.
And if you really like coffee, you need a burr grinder and fresh beans.
this is exactly the one I have! it is awesome. the one at Sams (I actually think is $39.95) is the same except that it has a glass craffe and a hot plate.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts