Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the black high heat ceramic coating(inside and out) done on my exhaust, header, gutted cat and Y-pipe to cans(wich are Akrapovic carbons). Great mod for the summer, cut down the radiant heat by more than half, bike runs cooler and actually seems a little stronger! One thing I noticed is the heat coming out of the exhaust is much hotter and the Akrapovic cans are slightly hotter to the touch. Cost me $180 for the coating. I have all my cars done with this same coating, my EVO race car's header is still holding up after all the abuse it's been though and two years of being on the car. Looks damn good on my yellow and black bike too!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Who did the coating?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
www.prismpowdercoat.com The guy's name is Glen, and his # is 724 457 2836, the price may be higher for outsiders since I hae spent close to 5k with him over the years(too many turbo cars!) I live about 15 minutes from there.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jet-Hot quoted me $270, and it was alot easier just to run it over and have it done locally. I had no down though since I have a full stock spare system.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
:ttiwwop:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
oneradten said:
heres another one i think they charge about $80 or so to do like a racefit mega call em to find out for sure http://www.jet-hot.com/
Did you see the RF mega a guy had on his 05 Gix K from Chicago. He had it all blacked out than had the can ceramic coated looked bad ass!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im the sales manager at a Lotus, Bentley, Rolls dealer. Lotus's are fun!

·
Registered
26 Posts
He is also one of the best damn drivers out there. I had an 05 evo8 with br exhaust, 264 cams, fuel pump and safc and went [email protected] I was cutting 1.66-1.69 60fts. on and act clutch. Those were my only mods. This guy is notorious for breaking records in his evo. Like 10s with stock turbo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts