Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I can definatly say after this w/e that I rode hard...WOW...I AM SOAR!

Race #1 (Best race of the day....:rolleyes:)

First, for those of yall who dont know...before the race Im a nervous wreck...I cant sit, stand, eat...I'm a mess...well the first two laps of the race my tounge went numb...what is that? :dontknow:

on to the race...

Started out on about the 3rd row or so...had a good start. Went into T1 in about ~5 or so...made my way up to 4 quickly...

after about 2 laps or so of trailing 3rd place, made my move on the brakes for the pass...with the race leader still in sight. The first two laps of the race, I was running my best times of the day and ever...but I didnt' feel like I was pushing it.

Im not sure what the times for the day were, cause they haven't posted them...

So Im trying to get around 1st, and I got bombing into t1, (big bend for those who know...) no joke about 10mph faster than first position...I dont know if he forgot to get on the gas or what??? So as I was fixing to rear end him...I decided it better to run wide...as I did this I was running out of track quickly, as I passed the leader...

I knew I would have to get on the gas hard to stay in front since he has such a better position to get a good drive onto the straight...So of course, I hammer down...

oops....there goes the rear...

I hang on for dear life as she tries to toss me like shes done several times before...but somehow I manage to stay on with my death grip...as shes buckin and shakin still trying to pitch me...

As Im trying to still get on the gas, I watch 1 person pass me...then another...DOH! Back into 3rd place...

So I was running 1:23s laps...that lap was a 1:27...

after that, and after crashing last week...I just didn't have the will to push the bike any more...and I couldn't reel the two ahead of me back in...I got close, but couldn't pull off a pass...

So (they haven't posted the results yet..) I think I got 3rd in that race.

Honestly, I should just stop there...I had 2 more races...but theyre not even worth metioning IMHO.

The next race I was still scarred of bining it I went slow as molasses in winter, was far back in the grid....and didn't get a good start...I MAY have finished top 10...who cares...I think I was runnin 1:26's that race...

I was goin faster than that in my test in tune 2 weeks ago on CRAP tires...:headshake

My last race was aiight...I was upset for bein so slow in my second I decided to turn up the heat a bit...but my tires were beginning to come off pretty bad...btw, I did learn how to slide the 10 pretty good this w/e...a few turns I was spinnin it up had the bars all the way to lock...:cool:

basically I made my way up to 4th place...chasin 3rd...

I didnt' want to go too hard and make a mistake...so I pulled some rossi moves outta my hillbilly sac...

I kept showin him a tire on the brakes...pretending to try and stuff him into turns but letting him keep the fast line...HOPING he'd make a mistake...

well my hope turned into reality in a serise of 3 fast left handers...he began to run wide...(3rd gear knee draggin turns...) and went off the track...although he did keep it up right, so I was happy about that...

However...he hit some rocks off the track...and shot one right at my foot...OUCH...put a scuff in the leather even...WHAAA! :wink:

So I had third given to me...and just kept my pace...not WAY fast but not slow by any means...Last lap... I think I got 3rd in lock again...:headshake ...

Some buzzard PROVISIONAL NOVICE comes flying by me and steals my podium on the last turn...the boy was FLYIN...I had the good drive out of the corner but the boy was movin and I couldn't do nothin about it...

Either he was way over his head and lucky...or Im gonna be havin some problems with him all season f'sho...

No pictures yet...or video...but hopefully Ill see some pics and post em.

It didn't go as well as I wanted...but I know I could have won the first race...I gave it away...(cough...Sete....cough...)

However, next race is at TWS, and if I have a home track...thats it...So those boys better be ready for hillbilly, cause hes commin with vengance! :wink:

oh btw, I thought Ty Howard was perfect....hmmmm....watched him hi-side and crash this w/e...whoops....I think hes ok though...

:zx_blk:

Reactions: luckz88

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Nice post Hill. Yah kept it upright and had a couple good finishes. Keep up the good work and congrats yah NINNY HILLBILLY.:thumbsup: Sounds like a pretty good start to me and very promising.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Dang dude... did you pre-enter a long time ago or something? I'd kill for a third row start right about now...

Not bad all in all though.... on average, I started around 40th position :eyecrazy: and finished in like 26th (all these races were combined expert & novice, which explains the weird finishes) Averaged out to around 10th place in class. Oh, and in most of these races I was in the third wave, which also explains why I didn't have a chance... :headshake

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dnwhoop02 said:
Dang dude... did you pre-enter a long time ago or something? I'd kill for a third row start right about now...

Not bad all in all though.... on average, I started around 40th position :eyecrazy: and finished in like 26th (all these races were combined expert & novice, which explains the weird finishes) Averaged out to around 10th place in class. Oh, and in most of these races I was in the third wave, which also explains why I didn't have a chance... :headshake
I did preenter a while back...but also theres not as many folks in A class as the others...

It will be better next time for ya...prolly middle of the grid or so...

AND, you need to get your forks looked at...

How'd your bike come out? Anything wrong with it...???

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andy said:
What were you doing before the race? :lol:
yeah...nice of you to show up like you said you would....:1848: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Congrats Hill, sounds like you had a good week end, and most importantly, stayed in one piece. How about hooking up a camera for a little on-board action?

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Big Daddy said:
oh yea what about the brakes?? better, worse, what?

BD
ahhh...the brakes...

Brakes were pretty good...better than they've been before f'sho...

They weren't as good as last weeks with the radial...but very good. I started to lose lever toward the end of the last race...BUT! I did harder braking than I've dont before...

I think every hard braking point I was pulling the rear off the ground, and goin in way hot...just barely settin the rear down before turning in...

I was talking to a guy about the Vesrah SRHL's...he told me if I didnt' want to cup my rotors, then not to get them...just go with the RJL's...I may try them, I just realized, EBC only pays for SuperStock...:headshake

...and for the rjl's they aren't very expensive...

SO overall Im very happy with the brakes...

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
yea those are my next choice for pads.

good to hear they worked better with no leakage due to being pilgrimized. :mrgreen:

BD

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
miykl said:
sounds like ya dun good Hillbilly--- sorry I didn't show. Had to get some stuff done this weekend and went for a ride.
yeah...you and Andy are in the mush pot...

and now Im gonna have to use your gas too...:1848:

Reactions: danno46

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
yeah...you and Andy are in the mush pot...

and now Im gonna have to use your gas too...:1848:
Andy NEVER shows..

Just use it in the lawn mower. The 10 don't like cheep, and now old, gas.

ahhhh..what's a mush pot?? :dontknow:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Sorry I couldn't make it hill, I couldn't find a flight for under 1600 bucks, LOL. Good job brother I'm proud of ya after your test and tune deal. Just remember to get the results when they're there and get the win when you can.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
1bad7 said:
Sorry I couldn't make it hill, I couldn't find a flight for under 1600 bucks, LOL. Good job brother I'm proud of ya after your test and tune deal. Just remember to get the results when they're there and get the win when you can.
lol :+1: good info for sure

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I am glad things went fairly well for you. Now lets see what is in store for you at TWS. I can't feel my tounge when I have had way too much to drink. So what were you doing the night before the races?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts