Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm jazzed about my new Dynojet shifter. One of the mods I'm doing at the moment while she's in the shop.
I owned a Holeshot shifter on my last bike. It was fun but would never do a full power shift from 1st to 2nd. Wondering if the new bike and Dynojet will do full power 1st to 2nd shifts without the ocassional missed shift? 13,500 rev limiter is still and earfull. Doesn't a statement like that open a new forum? Like if you have the balls to make the shift!

Anyways I'm a B group rider at trackday. This will be very cool indeed. And I fell like I won't upset the chassis as much if I can shift without the clutch, which I don't use much anyways on the track.

Will be a hoot I'm sure. I'd encouage those of you that have not used a electric shifting device to try and ride someone's machine that has one. I gives a whole new feeling to wheelies!!!

Shift On!!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I don't see it helping you a whole "lot" at the track other than making it more fun. The real gain is when you drag race. At most of our levels of racing, even ameature expert level im not so sure it will drop any lap time.

Ineed fun though, i have one on my 06 and 1-2nd gear shift at full throttle are just fine.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd really notice it when I was riding with my pals and we'd roll onto an off ramp. I'd be out front fast. Click, click, click, and I love short shifting my new 10.
I think this Dynojet will be a superior set-up to my old parts. Gonna be wicked fun that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
oh yea role-ons you will for sure pull on people. Someone who knows how to shift without the clutch anyhow you won't pull as much on them, its the guys who always roll off and clutch that you pull a LOT on.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have it, and I´m astonished from the first time I used it of how nicely the bike can shift with this. I left the factory setup of 65 ms and is just fine. From 1st to 2nd you have to be fast with your foot, otherwise it will not shift (if you extend that 65 ms you will have no more problems, so this is not an issue)
From 2nd and on is just a perfect match from shift to shift.
Unless you are kinda expert upshifting you will drop your track times for sure with the DQS. It´s simple: it only stops pulling for 65ms per shift. That´s difficult to match without shifter, whether you use your clutch or not. It also makes upshifts far more easy when you are still hanging out
:wave: :zx_blk:

·
Registered
858 Posts
I am waiting to install my setup. I have the new Bazzaz Z-Fi with quick shift ordered and should get it sometime next month.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You still use the clutch most of the time. You only use this thing when you are shifting with a handfull of throttle. Mainly full power shifting. Comes in handy sometimes. Fun toy.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
oh yea role-ons you will for sure pull on people. Someone who knows how to shift without the clutch anyhow you won't pull as much on them, its the guys who always roll off and clutch that you pull a LOT on.
people really don't know how to shift without the clutch? i thought you were SUPPOSED to shift without the clutch. i haven't even been riding 2 months and i can shift without using the clutch up and down through all six gears. with open throttle from first i can click through gears with almost no interruption in acceleration.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I am sitting on the fence, about getting a quick shifter. I usually shift clutchless on track. I wonder whether electronically will be faster. All it does is cut rpm for you. You still have to shift with yer boot. Clutchless shifting is easy, just preload shifter, back off a hair on throttle, gear clicks in. Can do in any gear, any rpm. In fact once 1st gear is engaged, I never use the clutch lever again for upshifts, only use it for downshifts.

·
GEN II Driver
2,879 Posts
people really don't know how to shift without the clutch? i thought you were SUPPOSED to shift without the clutch. i haven't even been riding 2 months and i can shift without using the clutch up and down through all six gears. with open throttle from first i can click through gears with almost no interruption in acceleration.
down shift w/o clutch?:headshake

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am sitting on the fence, about getting a quick shifter. I usually shift clutchless on track. I wonder whether electronically will be faster. All it does is cut rpm for you. You still have to shift with yer boot. Clutchless shifting is easy, just preload shifter, back off a hair on throttle, gear clicks in. Can do in any gear, any rpm. In fact once 1st gear is engaged, I never use the clutch lever again for upshifts, only use it for downshifts.
I have the answer to that question. I'm looking at my dyno graphs. On one chart we ran electric shifts. They are very short in mill sec. No matter how fast you shift clutchless the graph is off the chart slow. And that's because you still have to chop some throttle.

I got this thing out for the first time yesterday. Only for a short sprint thought. But the shifting was sooo much faster than my ol'bike with the Holeshot. This thing is fast. Short shifting I have to pull more R's than I like to too effectively use the shifter so I just used more rpm's, lol...

·
Registered
742 Posts
The quick shifter allows to shift without backing off the throtle; that means that the flowing gas inertia (intake & exhaust) is not hampered during shifts, so the bike pulls harder after shifting than if you have to back off the throtle to do it (supposing that you can back off the throtle 65ms and shift, what is somewhat difficult):rolleyes:
Preloading the gearbox to shift is a topic with both opposed opinions obout it. I´m aware that in publications like Sport Rider say that this practice is safe for the gear box; but I can assure you, as I´ve seen it, that if you preload too much, be force or time, you´ll get nice bluish shift forks.
:popcorn: :zx_blk:

·
Registered
691 Posts
I think the Pingle electric shifter promises like a gain of 8ft per shit which is huge in drag racing. The only way I can stay with my brother's busa with electric shift is if he starts to spin because of the stretch. I want one but can't justify the $700

·
Registered
69 Posts
Whats the difference between the powercommander and muzzys quik
shift?????? muzzys come with the digital kill mod and more $$$$$$$.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I have the answer to that question. I'm looking at my dyno graphs. On one chart we ran electric shifts. They are very short in mill sec. No matter how fast you shift clutchless the graph is off the chart slow. And that's because you still have to chop some throttle.

I got this thing out for the first time yesterday. Only for a short sprint thought. But the shifting was sooo much faster than my ol'bike with the Holeshot. This thing is fast. Short shifting I have to pull more R's than I like to too effectively use the shifter so I just used more rpm's, lol...
The quick shifter allows to shift without backing off the throtle; that means that the flowing gas inertia (intake & exhaust) is not hampered during shifts, so the bike pulls harder after shifting than if you have to back off the throtle to do it (supposing that you can back off the throtle 65ms and shift, what is somewhat difficult):rolleyes:
Preloading the gearbox to shift is a topic with both opposed opinions obout it. I´m aware that in publications like Sport Rider say that this practice is safe for the gear box; but I can assure you, as I´ve seen it, that if you preload too much, be force or time, you´ll get nice bluish shift forks.
:popcorn: :zx_blk:

Well after reading up on you quickshifter experts.:thumbsup:
I have taken the plunge and ordered myself a dynojet quickshifter.:mrgreen:
Now I need to apply for another credit card to order the carbon wheels, Ohlins & Traction control.:helmet:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Well after reading up on you quickshifter experts.:thumbsup:
I have taken the plunge and ordered myself a dynojet quickshifter.:mrgreen:
Now I need to apply for another credit card to order the carbon wheels, Ohlins & Traction control.:helmet:
You´ll :love10: the quickshifter :thumbsup:

I need an extra credit card for that accessories also:lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts