Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how long the stock clutch will last if i am drag racing with it a couple of times a month. Is there any cheap mods to help with the clutch. Thanks, Cody

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
my stock clutch lasted about 6 months. but only a few after a started drag racing. the best advice i can give you is when you buy one. buy it from cycle concepts. its alot cheaper and i put my first one in last season before i blew my motor. i rode all through the winter. the track finally opened again last weekend and after a day out there it finally went out. the clutch is only like 165 bucks shipped. fibers and steels. you might do stiffer springs too. it'll help it last a little longer

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey i see tou are in tulsa you didnt happen to be at tulsa raceway park last weekend did you?

·
Registered
448 Posts
:ayyy:
Can anyone tell me how long the stock clutch will last if i am drag racing with it a couple of times a month. Is there any cheap mods to help with the clutch. Thanks, Cody
ZX 10's probably have the strongest stock clutch out of the big 4... :mrgreen:

Just before your burn-out / pre-staging, lean the bike over as far to the right as you safely can (while idling) for about 15 seconds. ... this will greatly extend clutch life.

Allow a good 15 minutes between runs for the entire bike to cool.

Do all this, clutch will probably last you a full year or more at the track. :ayyy:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was there to i had the green 06, Are you the one who sat on my bike and messed with the steering dampener.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

Just before your burn-out / pre-staging, lean the bike over as far to the right as you safely can (while idling) for about 15 seconds. ... this will greatly extend clutch life.

Very good info!!!!

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts

Do all this, clutch will probably last you a full year or more at the track. :ayyy:
psst this guy doesnt know what hes talking about :wink: rep sent. i never wouldve thought about that but its an ingenious way to scavenge oil to the clutch to prepare it for its operation.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
psst this guy doesnt know what hes talking about :wink: rep sent. i never wouldve thought about that but its an ingenious way to scavenge oil to the clutch to prepare it for its operation.
He learned this from me!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
He learned this from me!!!! :thumbsup:
and some of has learned from you to open the Oil Filter Cap between runs to bring down the temps quick :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
and some of has learned from you to open the Oil Filter Cap between runs to bring down the temps quick :thumbsup:
Yea, just don't forget to put it back on before you crank the bike:wink:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
kenny, while we have you id like to take a minute and thread jack. when are you going to take the 08 10r into the sub 9's? we (kawi) will win you back. were coming for suzuki like mr.t came at rocky as mick died. we bringin tha pain suzuki!!!...sorry excuse the tangent.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Yea, just don't forget to put it back on before you crank the bike:wink:
What I do is put it on the tank and it's held by the Gas Cap spring loaded cover....but your right it makes people nervous as I told some racers to do that and they where so worried they said Naw I will forget or mess up. :badteeth:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
kenny, while we have you id like to take a minute and thread jack. when are you going to take the 08 10r into the sub 9's? we (kawi) will win you back. were coming for suzuki like mr.t came at rocky as mick died. we bringin tha pain suzuki!!!...sorry excuse the tangent.
I hate to get another 10R, when I have a winning combination now. I will be watching Lil Richard's progress very closely though:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
What I do is put it on the tank and it's held by the Gas Cap spring loaded cover....but your right it makes people nervous as I told some racers to do that and they where so worried they said Naw I will forget or mess up. :badteeth:
Once you get in the habit, it's second nature:thumbsup:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
I hate to get another 10R, when I have a winning combination now. I will be watching Lil Richard's progress very closely though:thumbsup:
thats a shame. its going to suck to see you in second to a machine that you were once a part of :cool: but honestly, i wish you luck. keep me posted w your return to atco/englishtown this year. i wont be deploying this summer so im looking forward to meeting you in person

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow small world isnt it. when you headed to the texas mile

1 - 20 of 23 Posts