Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if you bypass the clutch lever switch (so its like the lever is always pulled in) if that changes the map in the ecu (where it thinks the bikes in neutral) or not.

Thanks

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Does anybody know if you bypass the clutch lever switch (so its like the lever is always pulled in) if that changes the map in the ecu (where it thinks the bikes in neutral) or not.

Thanks
:headshake

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
is that a no? lol. and are you certain?
yeah...it basically just turns on relays that allows your bike to turn on but not related to the ECU mapping at all......you can see that in a Schematic and download the manual from this site in the "how to" section.
bloo

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah...it basically just turns on relays that allows your bike to turn on but not related to the ECU mapping at all......you can see that in a Schematic and download the manual from this site in the "how to" section.
bloo
Thanks man, appreciate it, I had a different clutch lever setup that didnt use the switch and it sucked always having to be in neutral to start the bike so I went back to my asv clutch lever that uses the switch, but want to go back to my custom setup so wanted to make sure I could just jumper the switch without worry of changing ecu mapping.

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
im reviving this old thread because i need a direct answer, this is where a search got me, so dont give me flack about that lol

i just purchased the CRG GP clutch perch for my bike, it doesnt have any spot on it for the clutch switch

what do i do with the sensor, jumper it??

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I would check the wiring diagram to be sure. I know on the Gen 4 the wire that tells the ecu it's in neutral is grounded one of two ways, one being the clutch switch and the other is actually being in neutral. I verified this with a multimeter.

If the Gen 1 is the same way, jumping the clutch switch will make it run on the neutral maps.

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
so would there be a problem if i left it plugged in, and the switch was never depressed?

i use a QS anyhow, so clutch is used at a minimum ne how

hmm

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
The problem there is you won't be able to start your bike in gear.
:iamwithstupid:also the clutch circuit does not affect the mapping as I mentioned years ago. :wink:

Bloo

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
:iamwithstupid:also the clutch circuit does not affect the mapping as I mentioned years ago. :wink:

Bloo
Actually it does. The clutch switch signal is fed back to the ECU, I looked it up on the Gen 1 wiring diagram, follow the red wire. The wire is Green/Red on the Gen 1, just like the Gen 4.

According to Guhl, the TRE mod makes the bike think it's in neutral.

From what is inside the ECU for the 04-05 ZX10, they use 5 ignition maps.
1 map for all cylinders in neutral.
1 map for cyl 1 used in 1st through 6th gear
1 map for cyl 2 used in 1st through 6th gear
1 map for cyl 3 used in 1st through 6th gear
1 map for cyl 4 used in 1st through 6th gear

The TRE makes the ECU think it is in neutral all of the time, so it uses the neutral ignition map all of the time. The neutral map has more aggressive ignition timing in the lower RPM range, so it will help in that area.
And if you look at the TRE mod install, it states you connect the TRE mod to the Green/Red wire

www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4970&highlight=tre

Attachments

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
This Is way more advanced than I thought lol

Never start my bike in gear, so that doesn't bother me

Don't have tre cause I use the ignition module

Should I ask schnitz to tune for no switch then ?

Or just plug it in and tape it off somewhere

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Actually it does. The clutch switch signal is fed back to the ECU, I looked it up on the Gen 1 wiring diagram, follow the red wire. The wire is Green/Red on the Gen 1, just like the Gen 4.

And if you look at the TRE mod install, it states you connect the TRE mod to the Green/Red wire

Good info :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
This Is way more advanced than I thought lol

Never start my bike in gear, so that doesn't bother me

Don't have tre cause I use the ignition module

Should I ask schnitz to tune for no switch then ?

Or just plug it in and tape it off somewhere
You could jump the wire and have the gear map copied to the neutral map.

An easier method would be to jump the clutch wire and cut the Red/Green wire near the ECU. That way you can still start your bike in gear and the bike won't think it's in neutral all the time

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

Negative Ghost Rider….. a TRE is based off the voltages from the gear Switch or to be exact only allows one Voltage to the ECU by adding a Resitor to match the Neutral Voltage and bypassing the Gear Switch NOT the Clutch Switch alone.…….the Clutch switch goes back to a relay and also the kickstand circuit the same and disable or allow the Starter system to energize....it feeds and goes other places as well.

A little history I built my own Gear Indicator 2 Versions. One is for NON TRE the Other is for members that have a TRE, I personally have a switch I can activate to be in TRE mode or NON-TRE mode but either way it’s based off voltage, when the ECU sees a certain voltage on that circuit it goes into Neutral Map.

I also was asked by the engineer of Healtech Technologies, yeah the ones that build the Speedohealer to test the very first GiPro Gear Indicator and is a Sticky on this site as well.

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41297

All the findings are there as well including Gear Voltages and equivalents to a TRE and what the ECU will map the bike too for each gear. :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts