Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What stack height is everybody running, mine is close to the factory spec but my clutch grabs. I need it to slide a lil more so I can keep the rpms up. Plus it used to be 1.5's all day, now its stuck in the 1.6's range. I thought it was me but after three weeks I'm suspect of my clutch. I got some frictions and a couple thin steels, I want to see if I shorten the stack what will happen

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The stock oem stack height of 2.11'ish is fine..you can play with the clutch cable adjustment down on the clutch cover and the clutch perch to set or adjust the amount of clutch throw/pull to put the clutch engagement where you need it..having the clutch engage right off the grip can cause it to be grabby in a drag race situation..secondly, a common mod for the zx10's is to weld up the inner hub to disable the slipper clutch..I sell alot of my clutch paks to drag racers and these are some of the things that we discuss to help those guys get better performance out of their clutches..Feel free to give me a call if you have questions or need more help..803.285.8093

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The stock oem stack height of 2.11'ish is fine..you can play with the clutch cable adjustment down on the clutch cover and the clutch perch to set or adjust the amount of clutch throw/pull to put the clutch engagement where you need it..having the clutch engage right off the grip can cause it to be grabby in a drag race situation..secondly, a common mod for the zx10's is to weld up the inner hub to disable the slipper clutch..I sell alot of my clutch paks to drag racers and these are some of the things that we discuss to help those guys get better performance out of their clutches..Feel free to give me a call if you have questions or need more help..803.285.8093
+1 cycle concepts drag-pak

1 - 3 of 3 Posts