Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tryin to tighten up my clutch springs...anybody know what mm i need to machine them to?GARTH I KNOW U GOT AN ANSWER:heyyou:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
lol funny you should ask I was actually looking at the brocks spacers online not more than 5 mins ago! I made some washers for my clutch pack but I kinda didnt measure something right so they wouldnt fit into my pressure plate. Honestly I know anyone can make the spacers but its hard to do if you dont have a lathe. brocks sells them for 30 bucks. maybe we can get a group deal going on or something???

On my built motor I got these springs from barnett that were like 100lb springs stock are like 65-68 if i recall correctly. I might get those springs again or just order those spacers from brocks.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the prob...i need em by 2morrow..i have somebody that will make me some...maybe 5mil?prolly better less than too much.my 10 has been a dragbike since the day i bought it and ive learned...barnett and vesrah are pure shit products for anything dragracing.ill let u know what i come up with.i had bought some that were supposed to be 20% stronger and put a 40 shot to em and it just went straight through the clutch....oem springs were actually better.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah the thing with barnett which people dont understand is they advertise their products sorta wrong, only select modles have heavy duty springs, they dont make ones for the 10r that are heavy duty they are actually the same spring rate as stockers! the 100lbs springs I got from them were awesome though! pushed close to 230hp on spray numerous times and did a top of top end stuff and the never let the clutch slip!

but yeah as for spacers I was going for about 5mm myself. I had 2 washers that were right at about 2.5mm each and was going to double them up.

·
Registered
683 Posts
All you have to do is call MTC and they sell the shims in all different sizes if thats what your looking for....Also, ZX-SIK-r where did you get the Vesrah Clutch springs at and what is the part number if you can recall. Im about to do a Clutch Spring Pressure Test with the Stock Clutch Springs, Barnetts, Orient Express, Vesrah, EBC and DP Brakes Clutch Springs to see which ones have the most spring pressure. Just trying to help us ZX-10R guys out since our aftermarket isn't as strong as the Gixxers 1000's. My mechanic has two badd ass Spring Testing machines that we are going to find out which ones are the best and which ones have the most consistent spring pressure within a complete set of springs....Please advise !!! I will post my findings under this thread after the testing has been completed...Results will be about another three to four weeks as to im getting ready for the AMA World Finals in Valdosta Georgia.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
All you have to do is call MTC and they sell the shims in all different sizes if thats what your looking for....Also, ZX-SIK-r where did you get the Vesrah Clutch springs at and what is the part number if you can recall. Im about to do a Clutch Spring Pressure Test with the Stock Clutch Springs, Barnetts, Orient Express, Vesrah, EBC and DP Brakes Clutch Springs to see which ones have the most spring pressure. Just trying to help us ZX-10R guys out since our aftermarket isn't as strong as the Gixxers 1000's. My mechanic has two badd ass Spring Testing machines that we are going to find out which ones are the best and which ones have the most consistent spring pressure within a complete set of springs....Please advise !!! I will post my findings under this thread after the testing has been completed...Results will be about another three to four weeks as to im getting ready for the AMA World Finals in Valdosta Georgia.

sweet man, that will be some great info. I think Im going to order those 100lb barnetts again, builds that forearm up nicely lol....

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and does anybody realize how loooong the throw is on the clutch?omg i never realized it till i run my roomates gsxr 1000...i wanted to trade my 10 in on the spot.as for dragracing im ready to get rid of my 10 and build up a 1000.i call the gsxr the jeep wrangler of bikes cause there is a stupid amount of aftermarket parts for em and the bike is so much easier to setup.im having spacers made as we speak..soon as i get them in the bike ill post some feedback!thanks guys

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I talked to Barnett today and they said stock springs are about 62lbs pressure They make a 75lbs 85lbs and a 100lbs spring for the 10r.

I just ordered mine threw them a set of 6 is like 22 bux or something Barnett clutch number for 100lb spring is ( MT-91-6 )

if you blow threw a clutch with those springs your pack is junk or yor making crazy hp lol.... btw you cant have girly arms with these springs!

reason why I got them is because when you ring the bike to top speed a few times a day the pack gets very hot!

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
btw incase anyone ever searches for this info

a zx-10r clutch spring has the following dimensions

inner diameter i.d. = 15.1mm
outter diameter o.d. = 20.2mm
free length = 43mm

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my clutch ended up bein fried.i put new fibers in and sanded the steels and also put the spacers in.well all i can say is my bike is 12 over stock and i leave at around 9,500 rpm....bike almost did a backflip it bit so hard :idea:..lol.i took the spacers out and it back to normal 1.38 60 ft's.the nos went through the clutch cause i didnt have one!stupid me.ima shave the spacers down to about 2mm and c how they work!ive never ran the 1/4 with my motor gear wich is 3 down 4 up and it ran a 9.32,so i know she has some low 8.8x's on gas with nos gear

1 - 10 of 10 Posts