Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats everyones thoughts on the 08 zx14 stock clutch? Can I get away with just some springs and shims on a 40-60 shot. I weigh 230 and launch around 5k on about 10" stretch.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Yes, get your hands on some GSXR1k valve springs and use those. You can try shims, some have used those with luck. Personally, I tried multiple different combos of shims and ultimately gave up on them. Currently I run 3x OEM springs, 3x gsxr valve springs.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if anyone has a few to spare hit me up I will give this a try. I have heard this works from a few people. WHy just 3 seems like the pressure would be uneven? I know to skip evey other one but just seems non semetrical lol! Do I need them out of a specific year model?

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
I am not 100% sure which year it comes out of.
Oh and no it will not cause uneven pressure... don't worry!

PM sent.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool got info!

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
you can call up barnett and see what springs they have that will fit the zx14 clutch.

I know for the zx10r's they have up to 100lbs springs, stockers are I think 62lbs... about 25 bucks for 6 of them to, will be much cheaper than finding some gay suzuki part to put in your kawasaki.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can call up barnett and see what springs they have that will fit the zx14 clutch.

I know for the zx10r's they have up to 100lbs springs, stockers are I think 62lbs... about 25 bucks for 6 of them to, will be much cheaper than finding some gay suzuki part to put in your kawasaki.
lol! cool thanks brother!

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
lol! cool thanks brother!
Of course with nitrous if your runnin stock clutch, no lock up, slider etc. You want as much spring pressure as you can handle. Once you start makin good power your bike is gonna want to push through the clutches on the big end. I would try like Nola said and use 3 1k springs, and might try shimming the stock ones as well. The more spring pressure you have the better chance your clutch has to lasting..

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK did some more home work and the gsxr 1k setup doesnt work on the 14r as the spring is not long enough. per a vendor who does this setup alot on the 10's

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
contact brocks im sure he knows what to do.

Make sure you dont go to heavy on the clutch springs or you will not have a fun time launching the bike.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
contact brocks im sure he knows what to do.

Make sure you dont go to heavy on the clutch springs or you will not have a fun time launching the bike.
Hahaha!!! Thats why I said as much pressure as you can handle. A 14 shouldn't be as bad as a 10 though. I mean a 14 has a hydrolic clutch so shouldn't be as stiff anyway.. right???

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
well if anyone has a few to spare hit me up i will give this a try. I have heard this works from a few people. Why just 3 seems like the pressure would be uneven? I know to skip evey other one but just seems non semetrical lol! Do i need them out of a specific year model?
05\06

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm using Brocks springs and .180' spacers with a 60 shot. good enough for 170MPH runs in the 1/4

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
about 25 bucks for 6 of them to, will be much cheaper than finding some gay suzuki part to put in your kawasaki.
Best line EVER! :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts