Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just how the title says it...Rebuilding a bike and the clutch cable was destroyed & turned the shaft! I pulled the cable and pushed the shaft back to get the bike to shift. Everything was fine, then my buddy pulled the shaft out! I now have tried about 10 different ways to turn the shaft in & nothing gives. Any picture or start point on putting this back in would be helpful! :eek:ccasion1

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump my own shit haha...going to crack the case in check the rod...I'll post pics and a write up so someone else can know!

·
Registered
140 Posts
It actually just sticks in and only turns a bit by hand.. Unbolt the upper bolt to the clutch cable and install the cable on the rod first, then the top and then rethread the bolt on the cable (pretty sure thats how I did mine hmm)

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok guys! My write up!

Got a new clutch cable, installed that!(left it off the shaft of course) But when it comes down to the shaft problem it falls on the "rod" in the clutch assembly. After two people made it very clear that if the shaft wont turn in easy then the rod is most likely bent. So I drained the oil, then pulled all the bolts & the cover! First thing I saw was the rod bent like someone wrapped a paper clip around there finger. So part is on order and after this, were good to go! Here is a picture of a stock rod so if anyone else has this problem & has to crack case it should look like this not bent:thumbsup:

thanks bloo & busacaptain

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Ok guys! My write up!

Got a new clutch cable, installed that!(left it off the shaft of course) But when it comes down to the shaft problem it falls on the "rod" in the clutch assembly. After two people made it very clear that if the shaft wont turn in easy then the rod is most likely bent. So I drained the oil, then pulled all the bolts & the cover! First thing I saw was the rod bent like someone wrapped paper clip around there finger. So part is on order and after this, were good to go! Here is a picture of a stock rod so if anyone else has this problem & has to crack case it should look like this not bent:thumbsup:

thanks bloo & busacaptain
Yeah but I told you in PM you don't have to drain the oil :dontknow:....but it's always good to have fresh oil not matter what and good deal on finding the problem. :thumbsup:

bloo

·
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah but I told you in PM you don't have to drain the oil :dontknow:....but it's always good to have fresh oil not matter what and good deal on finding the problem. :thumbsup:

bloo
I know, I know :wink: this guy wanted to do an oil change so I drained her. Shes getting fresh fluids around:thumbsup:

thanks again man!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts