Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch has been actiong up lately,when i start it and pull in clutch and engage 1st it stalls.When i.m driving and i downshift from 2nd to 1st i have to blip the throttle or i can't down shift.I adjusted the clutch cable on engine and it was good for about a week b ut now i can't get it in first gear at all.Do you think the cable is stretched or my clutch burnt out or both.Any help you can give me is great.I' may have to take to stealership.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
U need to download the manual, has all the info for clutch adjustment, internal etc. needs adjustment. Try searching manuals but someone will post a link for u sorry i can,t.

·
Registered
274 Posts
2nd and 3rd went out on my race bike. Shift forks, engagement dogs where chipped. Gears got craked also. Had to get them race cut. i heard its a common problem, a guy at saturdays trackday, his zx6 gears went out on him too, he had to pack up and leave early. He had an 05.
had my gears sent off to Florida, to get the high speed work done on em, 1600 dollars later the bike runs fine. I went the expensive route, but I think your gears will get worse with time. At least that was my experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts