Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got bad gas wich had diesel fuel in it 2 months ago well my clutch went out yesterday,i talked to a mechanic about it and he said if the diesel got into my oil wich im pretty sure it did that it could cause my clutches to loose there friction,is there in truth to this that anyone knows of.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
don't know how the fuel would get intot he oil though.....?
how many miles on the clock?..............doin alot of clutch ups?.(wheelies)?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
don't know how the fuel would get intot he oil though.....?
how many miles on the clock?..............doin alot of clutch ups?.(wheelies)?
i used to clutch up but i broke basket so quit and got another basket with clutches in it that looked brand new,when i got the bad gas it fowled the plugs so bad the bike wouldnt start and they said it could of got in ther that way some how cant remeber how they said it got in

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
I would tear down the clutch before I did anything!..take a look see!......although,.........if it did get flooded out really bad and some of the deisel made it past the rings into the crankcase,.....it might just have dilluted the oil enough to cause your prob!.....there is a thread in the how-to section on cleaning up the clutch discs and repacking the unit!..The guy is using some comet to clean the steel plates and soaks the fibers in fresh oil!.....might be worth a shot............?...but you will know more once ya take it apart!.....

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would tear down the clutch before I did anything!..take a look see!......although,.........if it did get flooded out really bad and some of the deisel made it past the rings into the crankcase,.....it might just have dilluted the oil enough to cause your prob!.....there is a thread in the how-to section on cleaning up the clutch discs and repacking the unit!..The guy is using some comet to clean the steel plates and soaks the fibers in fresh oil!.....might be worth a shot............?...but you will know more once ya take it apart!.....
i tryed to readjust it and it.going off the manuall it says that it should be at a 60 degree angle at the shaft and cable and it is way off now i will check that out though,if it is the diesel fuel that got in there and messed it up the staion i got bad gas at will pay for a new clutch

·
Registered
492 Posts
I highly doubt that bad gas(with diesel) could effect your clutch. If your clutch started acting up right after that, ya, U may have a leg to stand on. 2 months later. Nope, your grasping at straws.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
i highly doubt that bad gas(with diesel) could effect your clutch. If your clutch started acting up right after that, ya, u may have a leg to stand on. 2 months later. Nope, your grasping at straws.
:+1:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I highly doubt that bad gas(with diesel) could effect your clutch. If your clutch started acting up right after that, ya, U may have a leg to stand on. 2 months later. Nope, your grasping at straws.
the day i picked it up from getting worked on after the bad gas they told me it sounded like my clutch was making a funny noise,when i talked to them at deals gap i told him i wasnt forgetting about it until i rode it awhile and made sure nothing else happened to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts