Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i just got this 05 zx10r recently the guy i bought it from said he go drag it alot so i figure i would start on some routine maintenace change fluids and so. well i did a oil change last night drained it put a new oil filter an put 3 quarts of the kawi 10w40 motor oil it was a little late so i didnt take it out riding last night but this morning i started it up let it warm up then when i went to take it out i put it in gear i just got a big clunk an it died out. had no time to trouble shoot cause i had to go to work but hoping can get some answers from a zx10 guru of whats happening.

·
Registered
108 Posts
clutch

It's not a clutch problem pick the kickstand up. Not trying to be a smart a** but just changing the oil isn't going to effect the clutch.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i think i would know if my kickstand was down it wasnt that i am sure clutch is not engaging cause jerks forward as soon as i try to put it in gear. wish it was that simple

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well what else can it be was working fine one day i change the oil and now my clutch wont engage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts