Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I need some help .........

I'm having some clutch problem. My bike is a Zx10r 2008 with only 2500 miles on it. I'm in a battle for a titel in 1/4 mile race but my clutch is acting wery strange. It is like all or nothing, when I releas the clutch It all kicks in and I miss the bike into the air. No matter if I releas it slow and smoothly, I've tryed all kinds of oil and change the plates but stilll nothing works.

Any Ideas what could be wrong ?

Here are a run with an example..... bad run but still got 10.5 sec

Another with same problem on 10.36sec

What time should bike like this be running by a normal driver ?

(sorry about bad spelling)

Regards from Iceland
Haffman

· SPLAT!!!
2,367 Posts
My green 08 Does the same thing, i thought it was weird but dont race off the line much and its fine every other aspect of riding so i ignore it. My 05 NEVER did this! I cant slip my clutch at all under hard accell, it either has no grab or the wheel is standing in the air? SUBSCRIBED

· Registered
23,477 Posts
Less throttle, clutch out, nail it???
Actually I do the opposite, more throttle and ease the clutch out in first gear and once out of first gear which is the hardest thing to control then it's balls to the wall all the way to the finish line.

Haffman I would make sure my clutch plates are soaked before install as well so to ensure they are not graby or stick. Also read the manual and do a FULL CLUTCH adjustment from the basket end to up top. I had problems on mine as well at the drag strip but mostly for not going into gear under power. It happens very rarely now as long as I keep up with the adjustments. :thumbsup:

· Registered
152 Posts
Did you replace both steels and fibers? Sounds to me like the heat has glazed things over. Resoak the fibers and you could take some fine sandpaper or wirebrush wheel to the steels to clean them up as long as they are not warped that is.

I pulled my 08 apart after having it at the strip a few times and the steels were very sticky from too much heat and not enough oil. The oil that was getting to them was like sludge when I pulled it apart.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone heard of a basket drill ? You take the clutch basket and drill bigger or more holes in it so it can fload more oil into the clutch.....

I have not tryed this but I saw some dragrace instruction saying this works.

I think my problom is that the clutch is not geting enough oil.

· Registered
405 Posts
I didn't measure anything, just asked superbike supply to set me up with new plates, fibers, and springs w/ OEM specs. I only ride standard street and occasional track so I don't think I put the kinds of demands that others who drag or stunt may put on a clutch.

· Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone heard of a basket drill ? You take the clutch basket and drill bigger or more holes in it so it can fload more oil into the clutch.....

I have not tryed this but I saw some dragrace instruction saying this works.

I think my problom is that the clutch is not geting enough oil.
I had to do this mod on my ex fzr1000 because of clutch chatter. You need to modify clutch hub, not the basket. But your clutch may start slipping.

http://www.factorypro.com/tech/clutch_y.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.