Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on I know somebody running a lock up? or you just dont want folks to know lol, pm me then

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got one but havent put it on yet, just trying to get a jump on set up, or what not to do i know not to grab the clutch pass 5,000 RMP I see now its going to be a trail and error thing.

well once i get it right I will share info with who ever in my boat now thx.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need one but havent made the jump
Please YOU dont need one, lol

I wish i had the heart to go WOT off the line, im scared im going pass the tree still opening the throttle letting the clutch out.........LOL im not joking

·
Registered
946 Posts
mine worked awsome last year, but with the new motor it needs some tweaking ...static springs mainly, it was blowing through the stock springs.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mine worked awsome last year, but with the new motor it needs some tweaking ...static springs mainly, it was blowing through the stock springs.
im glad you said that i was going to put stock spring in thx.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so where you launching at a certain rpm and throwing the clutch away?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the paper work say torque clutch cover to 87 in lbs is it safe to do that i dont want to strip out anything?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I put it in then had a oil leak at the bottom, i put both gaskets on one before the spacer and one on the other side of the spacer, i talked to a buddy he said sometime you have to use 3 gaskets if its warped. have anybody ran in to this oil leak?

·
Registered
946 Posts
the dowels are still in the engine side?

I get a slight oil leak from time to time, but it's not even a drip...just wets the side.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
the dowels are still in the engine side?

I get a slight oil leak from time to time, but it's not even a drip...just wets the side.
yes all dowels pins in, the instructions say use all them did you not use all them?

Im going to check and make sure all the dowel pins are the same size.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I noticed that the cover gets shifted a little when you tighten down the bolts....so i was thinking of ordering 2 more dowels for the outer cover to keep it from moving...as long as they fit the holes.

My 2 dowels are between the engine and spacer plate.

·
Registered
946 Posts
not yet....going to size them up and see if they will fit, then see if it improves fitment...my kit didn't come with extra pins, just instructed to reuse the stock ones.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts