Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sadly went down for the first time at the track a few weeks back. After patching up my radiator and replacing my generator cover, I now find that I can not shift into second gear at all. Before all of this I could shift up to 6th with the bike at idle. I switched over to moto GP style and I could shift into 2nd by pushing down, but could not go into first (up).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Bent shift rod/arm? have you tried switching it back to the stock shift setup?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, and its the same thing. I found a thread on here that explains that. It seems minor, so I will inspect

·
Registered
755 Posts
The lever attached to the shift rod that is on the clutch side will most definately have a crack or 2 in it.. Same happened to my 09 when i lowsided..
I ended up finding 2 hairline cracks in it(only just) which was enough to affect shifting when the engine warmed up..
The shift rod asessembly has now been upgraded to a better one for the 08-10 models as the original was rubbish:rolleyes:
Id start there dude, all the best:cool:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. After I switched from gp, I took it for a spin and it is engaging all gears. Thanks for the tips. I was worried. I am dying to ride, but its in the damn 20s-30s here.

Thanks again guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts