Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going down the highway been riding for a bit never heard anything or felt anything wrong with the bike. Down shifted to 2nd to do a roll got it up to 6th. Cruised for a bit stayed in 6th went to exit and clutch lever went all the way to the grip with no resistance and could not down shift. Bike died of course. Checked cables and such. Undid oil filler cap and I could see the clutch move and the very last second when I pulled the lever in. Went ahead and towed it home. The next day messed with some of the adjustments screwed the silver one up at the bars almost all the way out and got some tension. Started the bike let it warm up and just before I tried to put it in gear I heard and felt a shudder or rattling sound so I just turned the bike off. Took the clutch cover off and did not see any damage. Anybody have or might know what my problem might be. :dontknow: About 2 months ago I changed out the shift shaft mechanism and changed the oil. Any help would be appreciated.....Thanks

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
sounds like something is worn, did you pull the rod out and see if the bottom is broken?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool. I'm gonna get to work on it Thursday. Here are some pics. Won't be able to see anything until I take her apart.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I think I found the problem. The clutch hub nut was loose, like finger turning loose. I used a torque wrench last time to tighten it down so I'm not sure why it came loose. I didn't use a new nut to go back in but this time I am. Will be putting it all back together tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts