Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this normal, when the bike is off I can't move my bike if I pull on the clutch lever in gears,if I want to move it ,it has to be in neutral.I don't have any problems when I'm riding.my bike is a 2014 with 6500 miles,with no drag race.

·
The Pace
6,927 Posts
Bike turned off? If off, good question. idk I would think it would roll with clutch pulled. Wonder if the stupid clutch sensor is acting up even if bike is off. My clutch sensor works sometimes, but bike is on. Tech guys will get here soon.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
No, it's not normal...really? Whether bike is on or off, when you are in 1st gear and pull in the clutch lever, the bike should roll with slight resistance as long as the lever remains pulled in. I've never heard anyone have this issue :dontknow:

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
Yes, it's normal if the bike had sat around for awhile. The clutch plates sort of fuse together slightly and drag if it's in Gear. Start the bike, put it in Gear, and the torque from the motor spinning will pop them apart and you'll be back to normal. Don't sweat it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the last time I did my oil change was 3500 miles ago(AMSOIL),I was going to do my oil change only in march because here in Québec it's winter.
I noticed the problem only this week because I had to move the bike in my garage.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it's normal if the bike had sat around for awhile. The clutch plates sort of fuse together slightly and drag if it's in Gear. Start the bike, put it in Gear, and the torque from the motor spinning will pop them apart and you'll be back to normal. Don't sweat it.
that makes sense,the last time I went for a ride(at 35 deg) was at the beginning of november.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Never heard of this but suppose it's possible, I guess I just ride/start my bikes too often

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had an 06 zx10r before for 7 years,every winters my bike is sitting for like 4 months in my garage and that's the first time it's happened to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts