Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I,m installing my first clutch. I disassembled it and kept everything in the order it came out. My question is the new fibers have a black edge on one of the tangs. Does it matter where these go. (Should they be lined up or not lined up) It looked like the tangs with the "U" notched in them where installed one groove off from the last. How long do I have to soak the new fibers? Thanks, Vince

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
although soaking the fibers wont hurt, you dont have too, just get them good and wet with the oil you're running. stagger the black tabs, again you dont have too, you can line them all up if you want, it really doesn't matter I've ran them both ways with equal clutch life with both.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
vonstallin did a how to, check it out

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Vince10R said:
Rated ZX, Thanks for the help. Do you always replace the steels if not should they be scotchbrited or sanded?

if they are just a little blue from heat or still look silver, just spray some carb and choke cleaner on em and wipe them down, wet them with a little oil and reinstall. If they look burnt, lay them all flat on a flat surface and make sure none are warped from heat. then take some super fine sand paper and rough them up a little, dont smooth them out, just scuff em up and reinstall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts