Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help needed:

I searched through the Service Manual and it doesn't list (or at least I cannot find) the size of the clutch hub nut. I'm thinking it is somehwere in the 27mm-32mm area, but want to be sure I have the right socket before getting things pulled apart and then having to make a trip to the store.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
yessir, i went ahead and put the digital calipers on mine and it came out to "almost" 27mm's dead balls on!!! so yeh, 27mm should get ya there!:lol:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Okay, well I have both a 27mm and a 1 1/16th 1/2" drive, only problem is I CANNOT GET THE NUT OFF!!!

Anyone have tips? I know the manual says to use the "special" inner hub holding tool, but there has to be another way. So far, my method has been cranking a 20 gallon compressor to the max, a 1/2" impact gun to the max, pushing in on the clutch pack to keep the inner hub from rotating and trying to zap the clutch hub nut off...and NOTHING! I let the gun rattle for 3-5 seconds, compressor doesn't kick on and the nut does not budge. Am I missing something?

The manual doesn't mention anything about the nut being reverse threaded so I am using the gun in reverse, this is correct yes?

I need help. Can I heat the nut? Or would that possibly melt some seals or do damage to something farther down the hub shaft?

What about putting the bike in gear and trying to zap it off? (I don't have the rear wheel/chain on there right now)

Argh, it's driving me nuts, thanks for the help!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts