Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Developed a rattling noise i traced down to the clutch area, so i pulled the clutch and everything looked fine, fibers, steels etc.. When i pulled the housing on the back their are six springs, 2 were tight, the others loose and they had flat spots, like hammer marks not scrape marks. Couldn't see any marks inside the case where it looked like they were touching anything. Is this normal wear? Need new clutch housing?:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I would check the basket closely for cracks. I have a spare gen 2 basket i you can have for shipping cost.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would check the basket closely for cracks. I have a spare gen 2 basket i you can have for shipping cost.
Thanks, I may take you up on that offer when i figure out whats going on.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
not uncommon at all. either take disabat's offer or weld rivets and repair that one, pm me if i can help.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
Developed a rattling noise i traced down to the clutch area, so i pulled the clutch and everything looked fine, fibers, steels etc.. When i pulled the housing on the back their are six springs, 2 were tight, the others loose and they had flat spots, like hammer marks not scrape marks. Couldn't see any marks inside the case where it looked like they were touching anything. Is this normal wear? Need new clutch housing?:dontknow:
Im getting this same noise only heard once in a while but its nasty sounding when i do hear it.. Its was obviousily coming from the clucth area...

What did u find out?? any damage what did u replace??

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Same thing happened to me about a month ago. Mine was that loose also. I had just replaced the shift shaft a few months back. Was out riding one day and came to a stop and was not able to down shift. Took the cover off and found the loose nut. The manual said to replace that nut but I did not. I have a new one in there now for sure. Haha.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 12 of 12 Posts