Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have put 92 passes on my clutch drag racing ...i have won 4 events 5 top 10s and never replaced my clutch...Now its time ..what is a good one to go with? and springs?? Thanks guys let me know for sure i have to get back to the track!!!!!!!:helmet:

·
Registered
658 Posts
I heard EBC makes good cluth kits, but I used Barnett clutch kit (springs and plates) and it did the job pretty well, I think you can buy the whole clutch kit for like 150$ shipped.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard EBC makes good cluth kits, but I used Barnett clutch kit (springs and plates) and it did the job pretty well, I think you can buy the whole clutch kit for like 150$ shipped.
i leave the line at 9,000 rpm im trying for more like 10,500 will see thanks bro.....:helmet:

·
Registered
357 Posts
YOU CANNOT BEAT THE (04-05 )FACTORY CLUTCHES ! Replace the 06-07 clutch with the 04-05 set up. If you need stiffer springs, try every other one first.

·
Registered
152 Posts
factory Kawasaki! I tried the Barnett a couple times and ended up going back to stock. It is much more durable for what you want.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've heard stock fibers are very good, and I had success with them in my race car. I do have stronger than stock springs, though.
<snip> ! Replace the 06-07 clutch with the 04-05 set up. <snip>
This caught my eye. Is there something superior about the gen 1 over the gen 2?

·
Registered
664 Posts
and like cow10r said use the 04/05 clutch setup works alot better.
Details, please.

Wondering why it is better, and what are the steps/parts needed to put the gen 1 clutch in a gen 2 engine.

Thank you.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Details, please.

Wondering why it is better, and what are the steps/parts needed to put the gen 1 clutch in a gen 2 engine.

Thank you.
In the 06-07 they did away with the "judder spring " and put one of those washer spring deals( i have no idea what they call it) and made up the difference with thicker steels. The only way i can describe it is if it were laying flat on a table, the o.d. would touch the table and the i.d. would be raised up a little. They use them in R1', zx9's, busa's, and several other bikes You can replace the complete stack with the 04-05 set up. The "judder spring gets rid of the chatter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts