Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have an 04 and my clutch started slippin at high rpm's the other day it is due for an oil change, but im guessing it may need a clutch rebuild since it has 17,000 miles on it... my question is should i do the plates,fibers,springs, and gasket. or just change the fibers and gasket? also if i just do the fibers can i use after market fibers on oem plates or vise versa?? also any recommendation on what aftermarket brand to go with if i go aftermartket? thanks ahead of time guys..:eek:ccasion1

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
STAY with stock!!!! That or cycle concepts has a drag pack that's basically like a stock clutch pack, Theres a company that makes a shim kit as well to increase clutch spring pressure or you can call up barnett to get a stiffer spring.

for sure stay with stock or the drag pack. I'd replace the fibers and steels and atleast get new springs.....

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks garth...so no matter what dont mix new fibers with old plates? just get all new shit? also mary has oem clutch kits for $210 shipped is that a good price?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah seems like a good price... I knows its a lil expensive to replace a clutch but when its time its time.... honestly you can take the plates and using a feeler guage on a precision flat surface you can see if they are good but honestly, a fresh clutch is always going to be best!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts