Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 zx10r at first my clutch was slipping at high rpm. I changed the clutch and cable and the problem has gotten worse. Now the clutch will not grab

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 2005 zx10r at first my clutch was slipping at high rpm. I changed the clutch and cable and the problem has gotten worse. Now the clutch will not grab
In first gear it just revs. I put the plates in as followed fiber, anti-chatter, fiber, steel, fiber etc. Does anyone know the proper configuration if that is not correct?

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Thats the correct way they go in. Go back over everything, check your stack height and clutch rod make sure its workin properly probly just something you missed.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
What is the correct stack height. Can the ebc clutch kit I used be the problem?
YES....and also if the housing plate was not seated right I don't remember if that's still possible to check but like zxracer said re-check the install...go the the "how to" section on this forum there is a thread on this but if the pics are missing just do a search you should see how the stack should look before being button up.

Also search Garth on this site he hosts the manual as well.

Bloo

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
you also have to stagger the first plate. I am pretty sure it was the first plate or the last cant remember?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
hate to ask, but had a customer buy a new clutch for his ten, drive 1 hr. here for install,cable was so tight on old clutch plates would not engage, adjusted cable, clutch strong. had a zx9 same way, brought for clutch, just needed adjustment. got freeplay in clutch lever?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm having serious problems with my gen 1. I replaced the clutch and cable and assembled as followed fiber, anti-chatter, fiber, steel, fiber, steel, fiber, steel, fiber etc but clutch slips bad. First gear just revs and doesn't catch at all. I'm used new ebc kit. I have adjusted the cable at the lever and engine with no response. And last fiber is one notch over. Please help.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,760 Posts
Did you presoak the clutch plates in oil before installing them?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
You should have 5mm of play at the handle about the gap of a nickle.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Could you take a picture of the clutch pack? Have you checked to make sure the pressure plate is in the correct grooves?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I bought a Barnett for the 6 couple years back and had the same issue, was not getting power to the wheels, bike would just Rev up. Problem I had was the Barnett came with the wrong springs. I put the stock springs with the new fibers and fixed the issue. Not sure if you replaced the springs but if you did worth a check to see if that's it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts