Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been having probs with the clutch cover leaking. As we all do the cover comes off and on alot. Anyone have any tips on the gasket. Should i use some kind of sealant or just use it the way it is. What do any of u use? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
you could use some black silicone sealant around the gasket to keep it from leaking. ive used this stuff and it works wonders.

·
Pimp/Player
11,412 Posts
Check the cover real good for cracks, I had a leak and thought it was a gasket then found out it the cover had a hair line crack at one of the bolt areas

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
If you clean the cover side and the case side real good and make sure there is no cracks like ripped said, and follow the correct pattern for tightening and the right amount of torque, there should be no problems.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I use yamabond its a thin grey sealant made by yamaha it cost like 10 bucks a tube, but its great stuff its all I use. I used some black rtv from wal mart one time on some cases, an had to pull the motor back out and apart never again lol. I reused my cover gasket like 10 times before it gave me trouble.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts