Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my clutch out to see how it was looking, and to put my brocks clutch mod in and went to put my cover back on, and i cant get it to sit right between the rod that the clutch cable turns and the shaft inside that sticks out from the basket.. is there a trick to getting it lined up or am i messing something up?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it thanks gaz ! I was trying to install the cover wig the rod in it. Once I put the cover on then the rod, and turned it so it was in the grove it worked flawless! Now I jest need to find a good impact to get the clutch basket bolt off for the new welded basket and cluth mod. I was bored today and wanted to see if hand tools would get it off and it wasn't even close, the bike just would start to roll when I tried to turn it

·
Registered
131 Posts
I made my own tool to hold the clutch basket, it actually has one for the 1990 Zx10 on one end and the 2004 thru 2010 on the other. I use an air impact wrench to remove the nut.
David

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
bike in gear, front brake lever velcroed or bunji cord used to tighten brake. i use a large long old screwdeiver that the plastic handle wedges between inner and outer hub, press down to tighten inner hub and hit it with my electric impact. never failed on many different bikes. nothing fancy, but works everytime.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts