Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
recently i started observing a small dribble of oil through the clutch cover. It wasn't much but it prompted me to order a new gasket and tackle the job myself.
The gasket should be arriving in a couple of days and i am looking for advices on how to do a good job.
Any particular sealants i should use? I see Kawasaki bond is advised but i am sure there are alternatives.
I am in Australia, if that matters.
Cheers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, i got a new gasket, followed the instructions to replace it and it is still leaking, wtf. Torqued all the bolts properly and i still get a dribble of oil through the cover. :/ Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Are you 100% sure its the gasket leaking? Oil leaking from a number of places will run around the join of the clutch cover and drip off the lowest point.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you 100% sure its the gasket leaking? Oil leaking from a number of places will run around the join of the clutch cover and drip off the lowest point.
That is a good question indeed.
Obviously oil collect at the base of the clutch cover and dribbles onto the oil pan but...
I have cleaned eveything and felt for leaks all around and the bottom of the cover seems to be the only wet spot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update, i have used Ultra Black Only and i don't have leaks, however when i try and pull the clutch in i hear some grinding noises. Also the clutch lever has some slack. I will try to take a video tomorrow, not sure if the release lever has not engaged or what... ideas?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, no cracks. Like i said, no leaks now but i think plates got stuck maybe? I have indeed let the engine cover open for a few days...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts