Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Clutch chatter

Gen 5: 2016-20 
2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  AFM54 
#1 ·
Anyone have chatter with their slipper clutch? I only notice it going into one of the faster corners at a track. I thought it was the front suspension, but I think it’s actually the clutch.

#3 ·
Naw, my last few race bikes have had slipper clutches. This seems like it’s not working correctly. Put some serious vibrations in the bars.

#4 ·
I suffered this on my Gen1... when brake hard and downshift quickly, the clutch lever make some chatter (kicks)
I follow all recomendations that I found and only one works, you can try it all, or go directly to the last

First I dismounted the clutch and soap the rings and plates in new oil all the night. (no gain)
Changed the clutch springs by others from the race kit. (light gain)
I changed the angle where the gear bar pulls the gear selector. (more gain)
Swapped the whole clutch, basket and plates, by another "used". (the chatter dissapear)

#7 ·
Next time on track I’ll have autoblip. We will see if that changes things I guess. It’s been a few years since I’ve had a bike without it and I might be releasing the clutch lever a little too quickly. A suggestion was to pull in the clutch when the chatter happens and see if it’s still there. Guess I’ll have to wait for the next track/race day.

And for reference, it was enough chatter that I though there was an unbalanced front tire or something wrong in the front end. From talking to people in the know, they think it’s probably the clutch making the rear tire bounce. ??*♂

#10 ·
when i pop a bad clutch release i get squirrely in the back and don't get chatter.

Which corner are you talking about at thill?

I doubt going to a gen1/kit judder plate would help as that is supposed to be for launches.

Maybe cut a finger off one of the backtorque springs or adjust the stack height and pre-load per the race/kit manual.

#11 ·
Turn one entry is the only spot I notice it.

#8 ·
Lol. The symbol at the end of my last message didn’t quite work correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.