Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed the other day that the rubber tubing for my clutch cable has been worn threw. I went to one of the local stores in my area to get a steel braided cable but apparently they could find one available for a 2010. So I'm hoping one of you on here has found one and could help me out with a website to get one

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,541 Posts
So I noticed the other day that the rubber tubing for my clutch cable has been worn threw. I went to one of the local stores in my area to get a steel braided cable but apparently they could find one available for a 2010. So I'm hoping one of you on here has found one and could help me out with a website to get one
You're looking for a 2010 one? They're all the same from 2008-2010.

2010 Kawasaki NINJA ZX-10R (ZX1000FAF) Cables | Ron Ayers

Part number is:
54011-0080

$24.72

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,541 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've found the OEM ones, I would prefer to get a steel braided so the rubbing won't wear through it like the old one did

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,541 Posts
I've found the OEM ones, I would prefer to get a steel braided so the rubbing won't wear through it like the old one did

Steel braided? Like Harley guys run? I have no idea where you'd find that for a ZX-10.

Why don't you fix the rubbing issue? It shouldn't be rubbing on anything that will cause the sheath to rub down like that. And if you can find a steel one, it's likely to wear into whatever it's rubbing against instead of the cable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's rubbing on that corner on the right side of the picture. I'm not sure it maybe trying to sand it down will help. But it catches that corner when I turn the handle bars to the left

Attachments

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,541 Posts
It's rubbing on that corner on the right side of the picture. I'm not sure it maybe trying to sand it down will help. But it catches that corner when I turn the handle bars to the left

Yeah. That problem has been discussed many times before. Take a Zip tie and strap it to the upper part of the loop to keep it elevated and off the Frame there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts