Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my clutch basket decided to go out on me at the track wed.night,I even had the rivets welded up,It broke a spring on the baskside of the hub on my launch,it just felt like it bogged so i finished the run and heard a weird noise from my clutch case.Motor still ran fine,the bike still went 9.18,I pulled it all apart and pulled my oil pan,cleaned everything out and Found that it ate a hole in my case I think,Im not sure if it will effect anything or not,looks like a solid hole to the other side of the motor where the front sprocket bolts on.Any help will be greatly appreciated,The spot Im worried about is on the top left

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Maybe better Pics and MORE with RED arrows what your talking bout...you can do that in word program.

bloo

·
Registered
860 Posts
Damn man that sucks. When mine has let go twice now it tore the cases up pretty good. I was praying it wasn't something like that when I opened it up. I'm not sure how that hole will affect it. All I would think it could mess with is oiling but I'm not sure how much.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Just be glad it didnt take out out oil pump gear:thumbsup:
:+1: Holly hole :eyecrazy:

You would better change the crankcases. If the damage is exactly between the cases you will have oil channel probles. Also oil pressure? Not safe :headshake

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya,only thing I can really think of doing is filling that hole back up with something,There is a bearing there so I would have to be careful,idk, anyone else know what that is?

·
Registered
860 Posts
If you know a good welder. Have them weld a plate over it. I know guys could fill it but it'd be a pain with that bearing on the other side. You're gonna have to get it super clean. You could try jb weld, again it'd have to be super clean to bite it. I'd just be leary of a jb weld slug comin loose and findin its way through the engine. Most likely it would just fall to the bottom of the pan but u never know.

Otherwise time to tear apart the cases for a weld up, get new cases, or a new engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts