Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how to take the clutch basket nut off of a 05 zx10r. I can't get the damn thing to stop spinning with the sub clutch hub. I have tried using screw drivers to keep it from spinning while trying to break it with a breaker bar. What do I need to do?? HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yup thats the same exact tool i have at work. I have tried prying screw drivers in my old 600's basket before but onoly have wound up breaking part of the basket.

my buddy made on out of an old like c clamp that he bent into tmake tabs or an old vise grip .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help.. I borrowed a compressor, bought a impact wrench from wally world for 20.00, hooked it up, and in 2 sec... the damn thing spun right off. Wish I would have done that 12 hrs earlier.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Thanks for the help.. I borrowed a compressor, bought a impact wrench from wally world for 20.00, hooked it up, and in 2 sec... the damn thing spun right off. Wish I would have done that 12 hrs earlier.
Do yourself a favor and replace that nut when you put it back on. It doesnt take much to f- that nut up and then its really hard to get off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts