Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i bought a motor from some on the forum here. The cases are no mark cases like he said and I pulled out the clutch basket that he also stated was a no mark and its a D mark clutch gear. He says thats what was in the bike and it ran fine. I bought this cause it was a no mark cases and nomark basket for a backup for my nomark case and basket so i could just swap the clutch if i blew a motor. Can anyone else tell me if i will have issues on this. The manual shows a D marked basket shouldnt be in any nomark case. Please help

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hmmmm, now you got me wondering. Kawasaki does have something like 4 different marked baskets available. I got a basket in a pinch and threw it in without looking at the markings and its been fine for a couple races and some T&T's.
I'll try to do some research and see if I can come up with anything for ya (and myself lol) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I talked to JNM performance they say the have swapped baskets and have not had any problems with any gear failures

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Maybe it works ok, but i personally wouldn't risk it...
You never know with this fragile cases...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hello and happy new year.
I ran into the same issue as your facing. Kawasaki really "screwed the pooch" when it came to the G1s cases and gears.
I have boxes of clutches, cranks and alternators and pairing it up as described in the manual doesnt guarantee its going to work.
The problem I ran into was with the cases themselves. The crank, trans imput and alternator bore center lines are inconsistent.
There are alot of combinations that could work just fine, unfortunately I assembled an engine with one that didnt. Cases went bye bye.
Keep all your seasoned hard parts running together at any cost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts