Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im finishing up on an motor install that spun a bearing. My issue is when I install the clutch basket and try to rotate the engine by hand to ensure everything is meshing, it binds. I'm pretty sure its the clutch/basket to c-shaft match up, but what confuses me is that according to the reference in the maunal, all parts should work together. The crank appear the be a "no mark" one, the clutch basket "c" and the generator "b". I even to took the generator out to check, and it still binds. I just dont know which type clutch basket will actually fit. Because it's so many different types out there, that process of elimination will be a dam painful, esp since i dont have them on hand. :dontknow:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
That doesn't sound good when a UserName Clutch Master is having problems :badteeth: ...do a good search I believe all this has been covered before.:badteeth:

bloo

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
That doesn't sound good when a UserName Clutch Master is having problems :badteeth: ...do a good search I believe all this has been covered before.:badteeth:

bloo
:+1: I was thinking the exact same thing with a user name like clutch master AND your sig statement (The clutch is your friend)?!"BUT I'm NOT poking fun man!!! hope you get it figured out and a search MIGHT turn up some usefull info? :mrgreen:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
:+1: I was thinking the exact same thing with a user name like clutch master AND your sig statement (The clutch is your friend)?!"BUT I'm NOT poking fun man!!! hope you get it figured out and a search MIGHT turn up some usefull info? :mrgreen:
I wasn't poking fun either I just know I read about this issue before, I believe members 10rmotor, Russb or garth may have some insight to this.

bloo

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well you gotta be into drag racing to understand what my signature means, and at the same time, I don't design or manufacture these parts kawasaki produces. I just try to mak'em do what it do.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Disreguard, issue resolved
What..No fix details?:heyyou:Help out members in the future that may get your problem in the future. :idea: :wink:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What..No fix details?:heyyou:Help out members in the future that may get your problem in the future. :idea: :wink:
Sorry man, well after constantly referencing and examining the operation of the whole system, I noticed that as I turned the crank, the oil pump gear wasn't moving, so the clutch basket wasnt seated all the way. However I do have an issue with the generator gear not matching up with clutch basket ring gear. Clutch basket is stamped "c" and generator is stamped "b"......go figure.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
It will be interesting to see what happens, as the marks are not the same (as per KHI)
My guess is you changed the generator??

I've heard of others that their clutch/generators did not matched and worked...

·
Registered
819 Posts
I was just about to say make sure everything is seated all the way in. Did you remember to get your rivets welded in on the clutch basket?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts