Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
There is a knob on your clutch perch that the clutch cable runs through, you can adjust it there by turning the knob, as well as down where your clutch cable attaches to arm coming out of the clutch cover. You will see a section where the cable runs through a threaded rod with 2 nuts on each side.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I believe there is a minimum gap required when you pull slightly on the clutch lever before the actual cable starts to disengage the clutch. If I remember correctly it's something like .??mm-??mm. This way when the lever is pulled it's completely disengaging the clutch and when it's released it's fully engaged.

I don't have my manual to post a link at the moment but you should be able to find it online.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,390 Posts
As stated, the clutch adjuster is the threaded part in the clutch perch where the cable meets the lever. The threaded adjuster is used to take up the slack in the sheath to get rid of most of the freeplay.

You feel the freeplay in the lever as basically unrestricted movement of the lever before there is any tension on the lever. The easiest way to measure how much freeplay is in the system is to adjust the threaded until you can put the edge of a nickel in between the lever and the perch.

If there's not enough adjustment in the lever, then you'll have to use the jam nuts down at the clutch housing.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Rule of thumb I'd fit at least a nickel width of slack as long as your clutch dis engages enough to get out of gear with your clutch lever pulled all the way in

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
you are correct sir... manual states you want 7-8mm of slack which is a nickel size between the clutch lever and perch if that helps the op.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts