Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and cant find exactly what I'm looking for soooo....
06 10r when drag racing, leaving under good load and decent revs clutch is grabbing and releasing. chain sounded like it was going to snap on time!
I read about the gen1 clutch w/judder spring from cycle concepts.... But my question is, is this the route to go or...?????
I do lots of street and quite a few race days at the track here... Any help would be appreciated
:dontknow:

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
What's ur gearing

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Yep first gen clutch Pak with judder spring. Also inspect your clutch basket and make sure no groves have been worn into it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Slipper

You got to weld up the slipper function, 3rd gen clutch is just as good as 1st in my opinion. The inner basket is two pieces weld them together and problem solved. I have a spare I could weld up if your interested.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
-1 +1..
May go +2 this year, since I do lots of highway riding..
-1 +2 will slow your top end down,
get ya to top speed faster, but a slower top end speed.

If your gonna be doing alot of hwy riding, -1 is fine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You got to weld up the slipper function, 3rd gen clutch is just as good as 1st in my opinion. The inner basket is two pieces weld them together and problem solved. I have a spare I could weld up if your interested.
Guess I wasnt aware that a 3rd Gen fits in a 2nd.... What would this cost me:wink:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
-1 +2 will slow your top end down,
get ya to top speed faster, but a slower top end speed.

If your gonna be doing alot of hwy riding, -1 is fine.
let me refrase that.. I may go up in the rear only 1 tooth more because I do lots of highway riding and dont need the revs up. would like it for the 1/4 mi tho:wink:

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
let me refrase that.. I may go up in the rear only 1 tooth more because I do lots of highway riding and dont need the revs up. would like it for the 1/4 mi tho:wink:
I'm -1 +2 and it is hard to keep the front end down.
I got one video where I wheelied at the launch and was still toting
the front end as I went across the finish line.

Great for wheelies tho. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Gen 3 is the same as gen 2... Gen 1 uses a different judder spring setup than the other gens, that is where the difference is. People will tell you to weld the hub, just switching to a gen 1 clutch worked for me. Ran low 1.40s 60' and 9.20s, without welding the hub.

·
Registered
779 Posts
The pic didn't post, by the way I don't want it to sound like I'm dissing the 1st gen setup. This is how I fixed mine 60 bucks shipped

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts