Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Um, bit stupid question...
it seems that i can't remove the self locking nut on the actual leaver, it looks like its rotating, without catching the grip. The bolt looks ok, never damaged/changed etc
pls don't tell me that i have to cut it off wrrr :/had a look at the manual as well. no luck :/
i've change leavers before on other bikes, didn't have trouble . . .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That nut is hard to get a socket on. Remove the entire perch assembly from the clip on is easier.
Hi,
i've stripped the 'whole' leaver, etc, and i can put a socket/spanner on it, but it just rotates, feels like the nut is rounded :( just doesn't want to catch any grip

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you using the correct size socket? Just asking. I also use a deep well on that nut. Have ou tried removing the entire perch from the clip on to get at it?

The pivot pin has a slotted head at the top and should not turn when you loosen the nut. If it does you may need new parts.
Hi,
yeh, got the correct socket, got access for a spanner as well. The head of the bolt is not rotating, it's sitting in place. I think that the locking mechanism of the nut itself is busted> i might go and put some 'heat' on it, see if it will grip. Tell you, it's the most annoying thing, should be 2 min job! :(
thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts