Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 zx10r. I have no issues with the bike other than the clock won't keep the correct time. Anyone have any suggestions??

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
Are you sure that you're talking about the clock itself? And not the stop watch function?

The clock is completely internal to the cluster. If you're setting the correct time on it and it resets itself, then you have a power problem to the cluster or the cluster itself is damaged. You should monitor and troubleshoot it differently. Set the time on it so it's correct and check it again the next time you turn the key on. If it's correct, then check it again after you hit the starter button. The starter can be drawing the power too low for the clock to retain the time, or it's just losing power to it sitting around with the ignition switch off. There's not much to look at beyond checking the pins in the connector on the back of it or replacing the unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure it's not the lap/timer function. I know the difference. Thank you though I will keep an eye on it. I figured maybe the battery was getting weaker and when i go to start it maybe it resets even though the bike itself still starts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a gen 1 with both the clock(resets to 1pm) and the trip (resets to 0) but the oddo registers correctly when the ignition is turned back on after only a few seconds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts