Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About every five starts it starts odd and the clock and trip odometer reset, WTF? 2006 ZX-10r w/800 miles or so on it.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
it shouldn't do it on the clock. the trip i don't know. I would take it back for repair. something is resetting it and it may get worst. My 05 don't reset the trip and iwould think it would be the same as a 06.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
i agree with the batt conection. also what else have you intalled electronic wise? could also be a bad batt.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10 speed said:
i agree with the batt conection. also what else have you intalled electronic wise? could also be a bad batt.
I will check it when I get home. The only thing connected is the PC to the neg side of the battery.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
hmmm.... it sounds like the batt either has a loose connection or has a dead cell. when you start it it is droping below 9v witch will reset everything... Reguardless you bike is getting less than 9v so check those two. also hook a batt charger up and start it. I bet the clock doesnt reset.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did check the connections, both tight. Must be the battery.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Update: Check battery voltage, 12.8 when cold(good), 14.0-14.3 running good. When staring it will stumble and drop to 9.xx volts and this is when the clock and trip odometer resets. I hate to take it to the dealer.(too many mods:sad:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts