Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got home from a ride with a few friends and everything was fine all the way home. Speedo works properly but my clock went ahead 2 hours by itself and my odometer/trip meter is either not reading correctly or stopped working. I would guess my ride from when I reset the trip was 150kms max but is only showing like 24kms. What could be the cause?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,548 Posts
Did the cluster have an momentary power interruption? I'd check the connecter at the back and be sure it's tight. Other than that, it sounds like an internal failure to the cluster itself. Mileage (trip and odometer) and the clock data are stored internal to the cluster and there's no signal input into the cluster for those things. The mileage is calculated inside the cluster based on the speed sensor input.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the odometer seems to be working properly. I thankfully took a photo of the odometer for record before I went out so that's good. Just the trip and clock. I'll be riding today so I'll see. No the bike hasn't done anything weird just the trip and clock.

no TRE but I have Ivan's servo eliminator

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,548 Posts
the odometer seems to be working properly. I thankfully took a photo of the odometer for record before I went out so that's good. Just the trip and clock. I'll be riding today so I'll see. No the bike hasn't done anything weird just the trip and clock.

no TRE but I have Ivan's servo eliminator
The trip and clock features are both setable from the front panel. Either someone monkeyed with the buttons when you weren't looking, you did it yourself without noticing, or there's a problem with the cluster itself (button issues or internal failure). There isn't really anything outside of the cluster on the bike that could be causing your issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts