Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From those who have changed out the stock handlebars with aftermarket clip-ons, I had some questions and concerns. I have a 2014 ZX-10R ABS and are still using my stock fairing and no I do not want to cut them. I was looking at getting some aftermarket clip-ons but there are so many variables. I need to get aftermarket as my stock left one was bent due to a slight wreck. Just note, that I use the motorcycle both on street and on the track about 50/50.

Here are a few clip-on questions:
1) Are the stock handlebar positions level or are they incorporating a 1"inch riser?
2) Are the stock handlebars 0 degree or 7 degree?
2a) if they are 0 degree, but I buy a 7 degree will it work or will it hit fairings? (obviously Null question if stock is 7 degrees)
3) Who would you recommend for really good strong materials and why too? Vortex, Woodcraft, Renthal or who else?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Interesting questions that would be great to see some input from people who have been there with aftermarket clip-ons with stock fairings. I can though say the stock handle bars are a 1 piece unit , bar and fork clamp where as after markets are 2 piece. This puts the location of the aftermarket clip-ons more forward to the OEM bars. The OEM's may be a half inch or less higher than non riser after markets but them seem to have a 7 degree down angle like many after market clip-ons (gauged by visual of the position of the length of the handle compared to the structure of the fork clamp and triple clamps.

I have used aftermarkets on my old 1KRR with no rise and 7 degree down and found them to be a slight pain with the OEM fairing. Also the riding position was aggressive for my liking for mainly road use. Might try the 1 inch risers with 7 degree down some day on the 10R. Still places the hands a little more forward relative to the forks but not as aggressive so easier for putting around.

Anyone else with thoughts on the topic? And Merry Christmas all and Happy New Year.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Most Japanese sport bikes are 9* stock. The best aftermarket bars are made by Graves. They have the cleanest design made from high quality 7075 t651 aluminum. The hardware is quality black 8mm flanged head bolts that are easy to access when you adjust for comfort and the parts are manufactured in the USA

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
I really like My Renthal clip-ons,Mike from Riders discount can get you a good price on any of those brands you mentioned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts