Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seen a post a couple of month back but i can not seam to find it
anyways when i load the front end of my 06 10 (for instance if doing a burn out)i hear a click and sometimes 2 i don't see anything moving but there oviousley is i was wondering if anyone else has had this and found it or if the guy that had this problem ever found and fixed it

thanks in advance

jason

·
Registered
370 Posts
Tighten the neck bearings. That should solve the problem but if not it maybe the head bearings going bad.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
checked and tightened the head bearings and it is still there i think i'm gonna tear the fairing's off and check for crack in frame

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have a clicking noise around my front end too. I mostly hear it when i back off the throttle a hair and when I pull in the clutch. I guess it does it when there is a slight load on the front. Any way I let the shop have it for a week and they couldnt figure out what it was and that it didnt seem to be messing anything up, and told me just ride it. I said ok but if anything happens it on them.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've got a similar problem with mine at the moment. I called the bike shop and they said they've had a few that require the stem adjustment at the 6000km mark. The damper tends to mask the effect, I could tell it straight up on my old '04 when it was getting a bit loose.

Anyhoo, make sure your stem bearings are correctly torqued then go from there. Remember, for the home mechs ... you have to tighten the two nuts *under* the top triple, not the big nut sitting on top. That's there just to hold the top triple on.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I've got a similar problem with mine at the moment. I called the bike shop and they said they've had a few that require the stem adjustment at the 6000km mark. The damper tends to mask the effect, I could tell it straight up on my old '04 when it was getting a bit loose.

Anyhoo, make sure your stem bearings are correctly torqued then go from there. Remember, for the home mechs ... you have to tighten the two nuts *under* the top triple, not the big nut sitting on top. That's there just to hold the top triple on.
:+1: I have seen this at first hand much to my horror, a mechanic getting a big mother of an air gun stick a socket on the top nut and pull the trigger on the gun and watch it rat a tat away for likes ages.... needless to say I bollocked him big time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts