Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:headshakethis question is for all you painters out there can I clearcoat over stickers and decals? will the clearcoat stick to the decals and stickers? Im not getting much feed back on this topic.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
yes you can!.scuff them lightly w/ 1000 grit wet and dust a light coat of adhesion promoter on them prior to clearcoating!............this is what I did what i did with my 05..and have not had any probs!.........I have been painting cars for a living for a lil over 20 years..............prep is everything!!..
gimme a pm if ya have anymore questions...lol...........I gotta go to work and paint a few!!.....cars that is!.........lol

·
Registered
582 Posts
there's the response you were looking for... :lol: I guess everybody else is out riding now, usually there are 10-15 responses within the first day... Well at least bodymanruss came through for ya :thumbsup:
I figured you would want to scuff them a lil but I didn't know how much??? Later Michboy

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
yes you can!.scuff them lightly w/ 1000 grit wet and dust a light coat of adhesion promoter on them prior to clearcoating!............this is what I did what i did with my 05..and have not had any probs!.........I have been painting cars for a living for a lil over 20 years..............prep is everything!!..
gimme a pm if ya have anymore questions...lol...........I gotta go to work and paint a few!!.....cars that is!.........lol
:+1:I use bull dog adhesion promoter it works well and comes in a rattle can

1 - 6 of 6 Posts