Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
YRR
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how to do this, seeing Iv never done it before:dontknow:locating fuel filter, and what to clean it with? thanks in advance

·
YRR
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm, Iv read some other posts and they talk about "cleaning the fuel filter"? I just replaced my fuel pump but its still booging around 6500 7000rpm

·
Registered
397 Posts
hmmm, Iv read some other posts and they talk about "cleaning the fuel filter"? I just replaced my fuel pump but its still booging around 6500 7000rpm
It has to be something else, the fuel filter is in the pump, if you replaced the fuel pump then your filter is new.

·
YRR
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys, there is a fuel filter inside the housing of the fuel pump so I didn't misread anything. Haven't gotten around to doing it yet. But could the injectors/throttle bodies have anything to do with the 7000rpm booging?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a zx10r 2004. I have about 49000klm and my motorcycle has problem, it can run in more than 9500rpm:eyecrazy:. I must to change the fuel pump as my moto engineer told me. Yesterday i unplug it from fuel tank and i have cleaned it. It has a lot of dirties. It has two fuel filter. In a black plastic box has the main fuel filter and there is not any way to open this and clean it and we have filled it with fuel cleaner many times and then with air we have cleaned. This fuel filter is the problem. It is made with paper as i have seen in an another fuel pump. When i plug it in my motorcycle has worked perfect :thumbsup::thumbsup: I try to find this object to change mine with a new one but kawasaki sell it with the fuel pump :sad::sad: Can anyone help me?

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
I have a zx10r 2004. I have about 49000klm and my motorcycle has problem, it can run in more than 9500rpm:eyecrazy:. I must to change the fuel pump as my moto engineer told me. Yesterday i unplug it from fuel tank and i have cleaned it. It has a lot of dirties. It has two fuel filter. In a black plastic box has the main fuel filter and there is not any way to open this and clean it and we have filled it with fuel cleaner many times and then with air we have cleaned. This fuel filter is the problem. It is made with paper as i have seen in an another fuel pump. When i plug it in my motorcycle has worked perfect :thumbsup::thumbsup: I try to find this object to change mine with a new one but kawasaki sell it with the fuel pump :sad::sad: Can anyone help me?
go to kawasaki and have them look up a part number . then order it .. 2004 to now and just needing it so id say you only need the replacement prt ..no spares

·
Late Apex
803 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I search on the net but i can not find any part number for this paper filter and the plastic box. I think it is not sold seperately :headshake:headshake

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mike106,
I believe you might mean the Evaporative Emission Control system canister, black rectangular box? It's supposed to last the lifetime of the bike. There is no maintenance, only replacement.

See:

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88153

Open service manual 04-05 and go to Chapter 3-8
" " " 06-07 " " " " 2-21
" " " 08-09 " " " " 2-22

Kawasaki Part #16164-1001 (Black Canister)

There is also a metal Seperator on the same page. Part#16165-1001

Hope this helps!:mrgreen:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts