Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ALL, can someone tell me whats best to use to clean the gold calipers on a 04/05 ZX10 R. I'm finding hard to shift the black dust that seems to get on them.
Cheers Bill

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
rvfbill said:
Hello ALL, can someone tell me whats best to use to clean the gold calipers on a 04/05 ZX10 R. I'm finding hard to shift the black dust that seems to get on them.
Cheers Bill
Get some brake cleaner from an automotive store and clean them out. It is easier and better if you take the calipers off of the forks and then take out the pads, get a tooth brush and clean out inbetween the calipers. Then brush your teeth when you are done with it....:hick:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Will brushing my teeth help keep the calipers clean in future?
Bill

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I am confused now. Why do I have to brush my teeth with the same toothbrush as the one I use to clean the calipers? Will the the brake cleaning fluid dissolve plaque as well as the brake dust? If it does will I still have to floss?

bill

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Wd-40! Ha Ha Ha Ha!

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
rvfbill said:
Sorry I am confused now. Why do I have to brush my teeth with the same toothbrush as the one I use to clean the calipers? Will the the brake cleaning fluid dissolve plaque as well as the brake dust? If it does will I still have to floss?

bill
lol, best to ask your local dentist:crackup:

·
Registered
5,968 Posts
Simple Green and a paper towel works fine on mine...so does the pink spray on motorcycle wash they sell at Cycle Gear....but you have to hose that stuff off..

·
Registered
474 Posts
swjohnsey said:
If you're talkin' about the outside, a toilet brush and some soapy (detergent) water work well.
LOL I'm not letting you near my bike:lol:

·
Registered
270 Posts
edentulous.jpg
My wife sez I can have her toothbrush, since her last (gold) tooth has departed. Didn't work too good on her teeth though, maybe better for calipers. You ain't lived 'til you been gummed!:badteeth:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts