Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Celica ST with 140k that I bought from a woman who wasn't even selling it about two years ago. She was in love with the car! It has a glove box full of every maintenance record imaginable.

Silver exterior, automatic, leather interior and carpets are perfect except for wear on the driver's seat. This car will probably see 300 k +. Only thing wrong with it is the power sunroof wont open but I was told I can have this fixed for $150. or less. Exterior has some fading on the roof and spoiler and a minor scratch here and there but overall looks awesome for a 97 and it is always thought of as much newer than it is.

Will trade for any sportbike in good condition 600-750 or 1000. Might even trade for good running full size truck.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I vote trade for a 10r or at least a 6r for sure.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd keep her forever because I know it would run forever and it's looks were def ahead of it's time. Gas mileage is incredible, handles sweet, etc... But I really need a truck and might finance one. Another bike would enable me to make my 10 or whatever swap for a dedicated strip or track bike.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a couple neighbors interested in buying it for their kids as it would make a really good first car, but its hard for me to justify sellin it for $3500. because it would b hard to replace for that kind of $. $3500. doesnt buy squat for 4 wheels these days. Thats y im basically starting here for a possible trade. Plus I wouldn't mind seeing another bike in the garage!:lol:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
with kbb perfect shape valued at 2900 I would take that 3500 and run with it lol.
Yep $3500 is good money for a 97 but that in itself says something. And Fyi kbb is only a guudline and purchasers dont use it. I used to be a purchaser. In that range its hard to find something with appeal, low miles, AN EXTENSIVE MAINTENANCE HISTORY. If I solf it what would i end up with?

Imports always sell for more than they're worth. A clean bike or car is always goin to break the bank . 99 clean zx9s are still doin 3 k plus. Follow me? Just looking for a fair trade.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Yep $3500 is good money for a 97 but that in itself says something. And Fyi kbb is only a guudline and purchasers dont use it. I used to be a purchaser. In that range its hard to fknd something with appeal, low more miles, AN EXTENSIVE MAINTENANCE HISTORY. If I solf it what would i end up with?

Imports always sell for more than theyre worth. A clean bike or car is always goiin to break the bank . 99 clean zx9s are still doin 3 k plus. Follow me? Just looking for a fair trade.
Good luck with the sale/trade

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
******sold******

Celica is sold! A couple drove all the way from New Orleans to Houston to pick her up! Hated to sell it, but for 3K I had to.. Didn't want to haul it all the way to the east coast when I move in the next week or two.

Will still entertain offers on my other thread for my Gen 3 or would possibly trade for a clean pick up truck. Not a big deal if I sell or trade it though (love my 08:)), but getting feelers since I am moving across the country.

Let me know what ya got!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why didn't you take the 3500 your neighbors offered you?
Never offered me 35.. Two neighbors were "interested" in the car for their kids in HS. Talk is cheap, know what I mean lol? A couple from LA actually wired me a deposit to lock it down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts