Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Kleen Air system! Autotune...

Hi from germany,

i've bought the pc5 and the autotune thing.
in some of the posts here is written that to use the autotune the "clean air system" must be off / blocked, otherwise the autotune will be damaged. What is the clean air system and how can i block this?? maybe we have just another word for this thing....

greets!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
It means you need block off plates for the clean air system underneath the airbox so fresh air doesn't get into your exhaust and cause damage to the o2 sensor used for the autotune. You could just block the lines, but the plates are pretty cheap. I want to say the autotune is a wideband sensor too, so it's expensive to replace if it gets damaged, or goes out in 15-20k miles.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi from germany,

i've bought the pc5 and the autotune thing.
in some of the posts here is written that to use the autotune the "clean air system" must be off / blocked, otherwise the autotune will be damaged. What is the clean air system and how can i block this?? maybe we have just another word for this thing....

greets!
The main reason to block off the clean air system (pair valve) is so that you get accurate O2 readings. If you introduce additional oxygen to the O2 sensor then, the autotune will show that the bike is running leaner than it actually is. The use of leaded fuels will eventually damage the O2 sensor. Also running too rich a mixture over time can clog up and damage the sensor.

I just found post by Graves Motorsports to support my post
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/graves-motorsports/409912-graves-garage-why-use-smog-block-off-plates-what-do-they-do.html

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
If i was to place a bolt in the hole from the air box to pairing valve will this fix the problem?
Yes. All you need to do is plug the hose from the airbox. Or, take the valve out, and use a short piece of hose to connect the left to right air-suction valves to each other.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I think it is spelled K.L.E.E.N

Suzuki calls it PAIR

Yamaha I think AIS and so on.

It's located on the top of the cylinder head on most bikes

·
Registered
477 Posts
the cheapest way is to use the piece of pipe that goes to the air box and trim it to join the two valves together,then just bung the air box hole up....sorted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts